April 13, 2020
7 Tips to Stay Connected – Safely
Stay-at-home measures have made reliable wireless communication even more essential – and have emphasized for all of us the importance of staying connected with family and friends, even at a safe distance.
Here are seven ways you can use your devices to stay safe—and connected:
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water is one of the best ways to prevent you from getting sick. Make it more fun by pairing hand-washing techniques with lyrics from your favorite tunes or get help from Baby Shark and Nick Jr. favorites with a catchy handwashing song.
- Use apps like GrubHub, DoorDash, and UberEats to support your local restaurants and order delivery or takeout. Or sign up to get meal kits delivered right to your door from HelloFresh, Blue Apron, or the dozens of other services out there.
- If you do have to venture out, use mobile payment apps to make your purchases— to limit your contact with cash or the stylus that is attached to card readers.
- Schedule weekly video calls with family and friends—especially those who may be living alone. With a lot of people teleworking, take a “coffee break” with a friend and catch up via FaceTime, WhatsApp, or Skype.
- In addition to proper nutrition, light physical activity like going up and down stairs or going for a walk (even if indoors!) can help boost your immune system. If you’re stuck at home, stay fit by linking an activity tracker like the AppleWatch or Fitbit or receive reminders to stand up and drink water.
- Most major newspapers have made their Coronavirus news available without a subscription. Get live updates from the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.
- Lastly, don’t forget to keep your phone and other devices clean! You can use a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe to gently clean nonporous surfaces but avoid submerging your unit and don’t use bleach.
By planning ahead, working together (while practicing social distancing!), and adhering to CDC guidelines, we can help stop the spread of COVID-19. Keep following @ACTWireless for the latest in wireless news and consumer tips related to Coronavirus.