May 1, 2020
2020 Mother’s Day Gift Guide
Mother’s Day, May 10th, is a great day to say thank you to all of the mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, stepmothers, mothers-in-law, aunts, wives, sisters, and even mentors who have taken on a motherly role in your life.
If you’re still scratching your head trying to come up with a great gift idea to thank that special lady for all the amazing things she does day in and day out, look no further than our gift guide. Here are some neat gadgets that will put a smile on her face–all while making all that extra time at home more enjoyable.
- Smart speakers bring simplicity to daily activities including making a grocery list, playing relaxing music, and connecting lights around the house so that when she enters the room she doesn’t bump into the side table. If it’s a smart speaker with a screen (like the Echo Show 5 or the JBL Link View) she can do a happy hour with friends or look up recipes. Get more than one and put them in multiple rooms for a home intercom system which can help cut down on yelling throughout the house.
- Already have a smart speaker? Gift her with some Smart plugs. Not only do they automate lights, but they can connect the coffee pot as well, giving an instant boost to her morning routine. Couple that with a custom mug with a picture of the kids that you can order through apps like Shutterfly and you’re in business.
- Give the gift of family stories with StoryWorth. Once a week, mom will receive email prompts with easy questions that she can answer (and you never thought to ask). The program then puts them all in a beautifully printed book. Or you can send story prompts to the kids and have them write the story throughout the year for a wonderful keepsake for mom.
- For active moms or those looking to jumpstart their fitness, a fitness tracker is a great gift option (but know your mom on this one since you don’t want to offend anyone). A fitness tracker can track steps around the house or on her daily walk and can help give her a sense of accomplishment when hitting goals. New smart watches are out that do double duty with email connectivity, set alarm clocks, or act as a remote control for the camera on her phone.
- Grab her phone and download an app for ordering and printing photos or gift her a home photo printer, powered by Bluetooth. Couple that with a gift card to a frame store like Framebridge and she can print out as many pictures of you as she wants.
- Looking for a more traditional gift? You can’t go wrong with bringing some of the outdoor beauty inside. Here are the 9 best websites for ordering flowers to be sent right to her door.
Order your gift soon as it’ll take time to get to you. Since shipping might be delayed this year, you can always print a meaningful picture of the two of you or ask the kids to draw a picture in a sweet Mother’s Day card to tell her a gift is on the way.
P.S. While we can’t all visit our moms, don’t let that stop you from being with her this Mother’s Day through a face to face chat on FaceTime, Zoom, Microsoft Office, or many of the other wireless video chat tools out there.